Matter support ok?

Options

Hi,

i'm considering buying a tado system but i'm wondering if the integration with the matter smart home standard is ok?

At this moment i don't want to buy devices that are not properly integrated so this is very important for me.

Thx 🙂

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I know there won’t be matter support until the next generation of Tado hardware is released.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    The current generation of tado devices are not Matter compatible.....and there is no information about Matter integration being part of the next generation of tado devices. Tado has been inexplicably silent within the Community Forum for a significant period of time.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

For HomeKit (iOS) users, moving to Matter does not add any value and may remove some native features that HomeKit offers (and Matter does not), so the vast majority of users say that Matter is not worth the effort at this stage.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

" The vast majority of users "..........where are you getting that information from.....??🤔

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Online forums / internal test groups / online reviews of HomeKit devices.

Overall feedback - iOS user only? - Don't upgrade to Matter as there are no major benefits, but you may lose options such as adaptive lighting, etc. (features not related to tado°)

https://www.the-ambient.com/features/opinion-matter-is-a-mess-3042

• GrayDav4276
    Options

That's really good to know......cos people get caught up in the " next great thing ".......like I did with tado° 🙃

• jamese8
    jamese8 ✭✭✭
    Options

It's the achievement of individual geofencing thats important and not currently available (ie individual control of rooms or groups of rooms rather than whole house - an asked for feature for years and years!). My understanding is that matter would allow this

matter may or may not be important, but certainly features like above are, and not having endless bridges for different systems seems very important to me..

• VVo
    Options

For true SMART devices, the protocol is less relevant. What is important in my opinion is that LOCAL control is possible. This is something Tado decided to not support. You are at THEIR mercy for YOU being able to control YOUR device in YOUR network and YOUR house/property. Bummer right? I admit, i should have done my homework before buying. Anyway, https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/15297/time-for-matter request 1 year ago did not get much traction, so probably the majority of the consumers either i. do not know what they want ii. they do not care. So Tado will continue....business as usual. From this point onward you can do only one thing: Choose a brand that offers local control with unrestricted functionality and Cloud control as extra.

• Robbie
    Robbie ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    So we have:
    Choose a brand that offers local control with unrestricted functionality and Cloud control as extra.

And I would add:
    And choose a brand that offers a range extender, or at least a stable connection between devices.

Plus Matter. The interconnectivity between platforms matters :)