Strv battery

Options
Robti
Robti
edited January 2023 in General Questions & Topics
Hi so I got the low battery email and checked the app and also reported there, so removed the head then the battery plate, left it for a minute then put the plate back on and fitted the head but the warning is still showing so I take it I need new batteries?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Unless you have a voltmeter to check whether the batteries still have charge, i would go with what the app is telling you.
  • Jimbob
    Options
    I’m just wondering what’s the trigger voltage (for low battery) ? I have a voltmeter and one room has indicated on the app (and email) low voltage, they are both at 1.45v.
    Incidentally the system has been in since September.
  • Robti
    Options
    Well I now use ikea rechargeable and no other problems in the last year, I was expecting more because they were not true 1.5v rechargeable ones
  • Jimbob
    Options
    Yes that’s why I mentioned 1.45v because most rechargeables only charge to a little above that whereas non rechargeables usually start at around 1.56v.
    It would be good if tado made a comment re voltage requirements.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I think the battery warning system is a bit unreliable. I've had occasions with a TRV showing as low, when I took the batteries out, put them back in again and the fault cleared . . .

• wateroakley
    Options

Panasonic eneloop batteries, the recommended ones, reach about 1.42V on full charge. I take the battery warnings with a big pinch of salt and check the battery with a voltmeter. An offline trv, usually with a flat battery, is definitive.