Tado wireless temperature sensor very loose

Options

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I installed my wireless temperature sensor, however I noticed that the screen itself connects very loose to the baseplate mounted on the wall. Like it barely "clicks" (actually not at all) in place and with the lowest amount of force of a single finger I can already push it upwards away from the wall. Which kind of makes me worry that it might come loose and fall down when for example someone accidentally walks against it. I have tried multiple times by align the top 2 brackets in the correct holes and then the bottom contact point is just super loose.

Has anyone has this problem as well or is it maybe a production error on mine? Do yours really "click" in place and require at least some force to undo or is it just as bad?

I understand that you barely touch it anyways, but to be honest I feel like for a product of this price this feels really cheap and can potentially cause it to fall and break when someone isn't carefull with it.

Best Answer

• TheRikkert
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Bob,

I tried something with paper too, but it didnt really work out for me. However do to your comment I actually come up with the idea to put a bit of tape on the bottom thing on the base plate which actually did help it sit A LOT more secure. At least to the extend which I'm happy with, however I do feel that its still a problem that Tado should address since it shouldnt be the case that you have to come up with a DIY fix for this pricetag.

Answers

• TheRikkert
    Options

On reddit I have asked the same question and have had a similar complaint by someone, saying that an older sensor of his is clicking properly and the newer one isn't.

He is even saying that the new sensor on the old mount is holding good, while the old sensor with new mount is loose. Seems like either a minor adjustment in design on the mount or something?

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Does it click when the baseplate is not wall mounted?

I've seen similar posts in the past; the issue was due to uneven walls :-(

• TheRikkert
    Options

I just screwed it off the wall, it is the same. Still very loose and does not really click in place. It is easily openable with minor force of a single finger and the sensor is still like "moving" when pressing on the sensor itself.

I did notice on the box that it was a certified refurbished one, which might even be the cause of why it is refurbished. However I feel like this shouldn't pass Q&A if it the reason people have returned it.

• Bob53
    Options
    If you take the front off the thermostat and press down on the tab at the bottom of the base where the front section clicks onto (be careful not to break it). You will notice a small gap open up at the bottom of the oblong box just above the tab if you take a small piece of folded paper and put it in the gap. I found this helps secure the front better.
  • BoutTime
    Options
    I have the same issue here.