Struggling with CH control

Options

Hi All

Hoping someone can give me suggestions as I'm struggling to figure this out! I have emailed tado but no reply as yet...

I have a Worcester Bosch greenstar Ri, I've installed the wireless thermostat with hot water control.

I've followed the instructions in the app and think I have wired it up correctly. I've tried multiple time to re-pair the sensor/ bridge.

The hot water is working fine, setup on a schedule and comes on and off as programmed and manual control works fine via the app and the wireless temperature sensor controller.

The issue I have is with the central heating. It does not come on when scheduled or manually controlled (either via the app or wireless temp sensor). The app tells me the temp and tells me that it's on/off even though it's not, if the app shows the room is now up to temperature the boiler will stay on. It's like the receiver does receive the commands for the CH from the app or wireless temp sensor, it does not attempt to come on as I can't see the light or hear a relay switch come on.

However, if I press the CH test button on the programmer it will do it's test then stay on to what ever is programmed be that on or off. So I do have control to turn the heating on or off, so it appears to be working. But I just have no control of it remotely or on a schedule.

My wiring:

The old temperature sensor has been bridged.

Old & new wiring - (note, the black and red electrical wiring has been replaced with newer standard blue/brown)

Can anyone see anything glaringly obvious that I've wired up incorrectly? Or does any other suggestions? Could it be a port forwarding issue?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

The wiring looks ok.

• Thanks.
    Update: I've tried an older version BT home hub and I still get the exact same issue so don't think it's a port forwarding issue :(
  • KLM
    Options
    Hi I know this post is really old but did you get it fixed? I have the same model of boiler and installed Tado this afternoon and have the same issue. I wish I’d never bothered!
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have the same boiler and have had no problems whatsoever, previously the system was controlled by a Horstmann programmer. If you have a conventional (wired) room-stat have you bridged it or turned it up full ?

In the picture above I'm curious about the brown wire going to HW COM but that's not the heating of course.

In case it's of any interest or use I've attached my own system's wiring. Note, I never had a room stat