Has anyone succeeded in making a ideal logic c24 work with Tado. I’m having issues

Options
I have followed the instructions and I can’t seem to get tado to control the boiler.

Answers

• Can you elaborate more? What Tado equipment are you using? How are you connecting to your boiler etc?

• scily98
    Options
    My apologies. Equipment is a wireless extension kit v2. I have tried connecting via standard relay and open therm terminals but neither seem to have any control over the boiler.

Standard relay I connected the live and neutral to the boilers incoming supply then a single line from 4 to the connection (stat/timer) on the boiler closest to the incoming live.

Open therm I connected the positive and negative to the open therm ports on the boiler with a separate external power supply
  • scily98
    Options
    I had to skip the part of re plugging the opentherm connectors in the boiler as my boiler didn’t have a second connection on the harness. I have read that some people needed a wiring harness but it seems like mine wouldn’t have anywhere to go if I purchased one.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If you have Opentherm connections then you have the wiring harness installed. Did the extension kit power up? Did you set it for opentherm on the wireless temp sensor?
  • scily98
    Options
    I think the harness is pre installed as there was no second plug on the harness to re plug the plug from the open front into if that makes sense.
    I used a separate 240v input from a plug wired into the tado extension kit power in. The extension powered up as expected and I could see a connection on the app
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Try setting the configuration to opentherm if you haven’t already done so

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/bxgtx5kghgjrbcs4m68kqch/Extension_Kit_Manual_-_Low_Voltage_Digital_Installations.pdf

You can also download the Tado pro app to check its working.

Also check that the Opentherm harness is plugged into the pcb.
  • Robti
    Options
    Did you remove the stat link in the boiler
  • scily98
    Options
    So in this boiler there is no separate plug for the opentherm harness it is wired in. And I read somewhere else not to take out the room stat link I have tried with and without it in
  • Did you ever solve this? I have a SmartKitV3+ (EU version w/ OpenTherm) and an Ideal C24. I have zero idea what I'm doing