Home General Questions & Topics

AC and normal heating in same room

In the bedroom we have underfloor heating. I already had a Tado thermostat installed that controlled the underfloor heating.

Separately we now got a airconditioning unit that also heats. I have just purchased a Tado AC control unit (V3+) to control it.

The question is: How to set this up? Do I tell them they are in the same room? They have a very different heat profile. Underfloor heating works very slowly but its nice to have a warm floor, aircon warms the air quickly but things still feel cold ot the touch.

I would like the floor to heat to about 16-17 degrees and the aircon unit (heat pump) to further raise the temp to about 18 or 19 degrees. How can I set this up so they dont get in each others way?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Answers

• Looking forward to answers to this as I have the same set up - I've not bought the Tado AC control yet. Does it allow you to access both the cooling and heating functions on your AC?

• Ik ben ook wel nieuwsgierig hiernaar.

Hier hebben we in meerdere kamers het zelfde "probleem", er is vloerverwarming en een losse airco wand unit (met IR) waarvoor we de Tado willen gebruiken en we willen niet twee apparaten (de thermostaat en de slimme airco bediening) ophangen. Misschien een idee voor de V4 Thermostaat, IR in bouwen dat dit ook te bedienen is want echt uniek is het niet wat wij thuis hebben.

• ldjldj

Would love to know if anybody has found a way to even just add the Tado Ac control and Smart thermostat to the same room in the Tado app?

Still hoping for an answer o my original question!