Improve “Open Window Detection”

Options
In a room with active "Open Window Detection" I opened the window while heating was off in the current schedule slot. The open window was not detected and the heating turned on with the next schedule slot a few minutes later. The detection should work regardless of the current state of schedule as long as heating is not disabled completely manually be the user.
What do you think?
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@JoL

Please carry out a forum search for this Open Window Detection feature.......it has been well discussed.

The tado° "Open Window Detection" feature is not actually an "Open Window" detection.......it is a feature that is activated by the tado° device detecting a "significant sharp drop in temperature" ........so you can have an "Open Window Detection notification" that is generated by a draught from an open door etc........for example, when I let my dog out into the back garden, the open back door will produce an "Open Window Detection" notification.

Also you can have an open window in a room while your tado° device is "Calling for heat"......and because the Open Window is not creating a "significant sharp drop in temperature"....... you won't get a notification.

This particular tado° feature is NOT acting as it is "sold by tado°" to it's potential new customers......it's a sales gimmick !!!

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Until Tado provides a physical window sensor or allows connection to third party ones, as @GrayDav4276 says this is more of a marketing gimmick.
  • luteijn
    Options
    Yeah, it is generalky not worth the hassle to keep turned on. Too many false positives/negatives, although it might work in some cases.
  • Kage
    Options
    I agree the only way for the open window function to be 100% accurate is for Tado to manufacture a window sensors. Also this could double up as door sensors open/close that can be linked to a smart alarm. Tado is missing out and has stopped innovating. Ps: Water leak detector would also tie in nicely. Overall still better than my form Nest V3.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

With the current device & bridge limitations I see no future for tado° v3+ sensors.

For the time being check Aqara instead.