TRVs - broken black pins

Options

My experience with tado has been absolutely horrible, I did manage to make '6' TRVs work in my home.

Not reliably - two of the really shoddy plastic connectors always act up. Yesterday, for instance, one of the TRVs that I WANTED to be at 16 degrees in one room, actually ended up being (once again) at 32 (!!!) degrees. But so I also have 5 TRVs that don't work at all, including 3 TRVs with 'damaged' black pins

I have essentially now pegged tado as an unGerman-like scam. It DOES (sort-of) work. But it also doesn't REALLY work.

If tado WERE to be more 'German' than I imagined; If I COULD send back the TRVs that don't work and replace them by TRVs that DO work - that'd be fantastic! But so in the meanwhile, I'm just waiting to find some answers...

Comments

• sdspieg
    Options

I read so many complaints about these flimsy plastic Danfoss adaptors... Is there really NOBODY at Tado who reads this? Cares? Feels at least SOME responsibility? I had one of them come off again yesterday and at the current heating prices this is just unacceptable. Furthermore when I discovered it had come off, I saw that also the top cover had come off, exposing the PCB. It doesn't look like anything is broken, but I haven't been able to affix to the TRV again. Doesn anybody know how to do this?

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe it’ll get better once they are listed on the stock exchange.

I steer clear of their so-called smart radiator thermostats.

• TW2206
    Options
    If the black pins come out, what do you do?
  • davidlyall
    Options

Can you post pictures of the valve bodies that those TRVs were mounted to? Do the pins on the valves move freely?

I'm now 4+ years into my Tado install (smart thermostat, extension kit, 7xTRVs & wireless temp sensor) and generally am very happy with the operation of the system. I have grumbles but those are mostly around the app and the "improvements" Tado has made over time that have actually made it worse.

Unfortunately, on forums like these we tend to only hear about the problems and it sounds like the system is terrible but we all have to remember that there are many thousands of happy customers who never join forums