Smart Trv disconnecting intermittently

Options
Just installed 4 smart TRV's, and one of them keeps losing connection. Weird thing is that it is the one closest to the Internet bridge.

During installation it had an E2 error, but I did not have time to fix straight away. Later when I went back to it the problem had disappeared. As I understand it, E2 problem is an issue with physical installation, so maybe not a cause, but worth mentioning.

Comments

• IslaView
    Options
    To add to this post, I've removed the trv from the radiator and from my setup in the app. I tried to install on a different radiator, one only 3-4m from the Internet bridge, and I got E0 errors. I even got the same error standing next to the bridge.

Could this be a faulty device?
  • Woble
    Options
    One TRV disconnecting intermittently. Take off and reset. Works OK for a while then disconnects again. Have changed batteries but problem persists. Any ideas?
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options
    @Woble
    It could be the distance between the Bridge and the device thatistheproblem.......swap this device with another one that is working OK.....if the fault moves to the new radiator, then it's a device issue.....if the fault is now with the replacement device, then it's a connection issue.