Set schedule in minute-intervals (or at least in five-minute intervals)

Options

This has been discussed before and rather arrogantly answered in https://tado.vanillacommunities.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/2524/#Comment_2524.

Arrogantly because it appears the person answering thinks he or she knows all about all scenarios the tado is used in - which appears unlikely.

Perhaps this issue can be discussed again, especially with the sharply increased energy prices in Europe. That is an economical reason. A more technical reason is that when using tado with water-based floor heating in my home, it is enough to have the boiler on for three to five minutes, once the floor is at the desired temperature. Currently I need to have the floor heating off during the night, cause tado will cause a lot of gas consumption. This in turn leads to needing to consume a lot of gas in the morning to get the floor on the desired temperature again.

Comments

• Unkledunkle
    edited October 2022
    Options

Have you considered turning your flow rate down, so that you're not dumping too much too-hot water in the system? Probably work more efficiently.

Not sure the responder you had before was being arrogant, they just answered your question. NB I'm not 100% very happy with Tado myself at the moment, they take an age to answer the chat bot (been well over 24 hrs since they last replied to me), there's no phone line, they can't call you back and all the while my TRVs are only opening on low heat about 50% of the time which is costing me a bloody fortune so today I have been and set up my mon-fri schedules to only target the actual temperature I want in 15-30 min intervals every couple of hours, and then allow the house to cool inbetween to make sure when it kicks in again it actually kicks in, which is about as smart as... well, the Tado system is now relegated to being just a highly granular timer because I can't trust the low/medium/high mechanism...

...but I can't say any interaction with them that I've had or seen has been arrogant.

Sometimes a little... actually I don't know the word for it - clipped? Brusque? - that thing people do where they give you an answer that's far too simple for the question you actually asked, ignores all the context you gave them and so it all comes out sounding like stock answers that aren't intended to invite further comment or discussion. I don't know what the word is for that. Uncollaborative? Not a perfect score, put it that way, but I don't think arrogance is right - I don't get the sense they're saying 'you're wrong, we're right, do as we say' :)

Anyway: if you lower your flow rate, presumably you can compensate for the 15 minute timer rather than minute by minute, and it'll probably save you gas and stop the overheating. You might've tried this already I don't know - I'm not being arrogant, you just haven't said!