Can't control my heating

Options
Hi all,

Just installed Tado at my new home using the wireless starter kit.

The receiver has replaced a Salus EP101 and is connected to an Ideal Logic+ Combi with the thermostat replacing a previously wired Drayton Combistat.

The hot water is working fine but my boiler has the message 'timer or room stat is off' and I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

I figured you could replace the old wired thermostat with a wireless one as has been the case in the past having installed both a Hive and Nest at an old home of mine.

Is there any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this? I've tried the support chat but they're dreadfully slow in replying (1 response is 22 hours)

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Is there a timer still installed on the boiler? If so set it to always on. If you’ve removed it or there isn’t one, you’ll probably need to bridge the circuit. There should be instructions on how to do this in the manual.
  • FabS
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure if there is. I'll look at the manual for the boiler to see.

If does need to be bridged would that be on my boiler manual or the receiver manual?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Assuming this is the correct model, look at p32/33. Turn the power off before touching any wiring and if you don’t feel confident about doing it, get a professional in.

https://idealheating.com/uploads/documents/Logic-Combi-Esp1-Installation-And-Servicing-222353-1_inst.pdf
  • FabS
    Options
    This is the the model I have, not the newest one but it works fine.

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Ideal-LogicPlus-Combi-30-241863.html

I'm assuming it's page 27/28 as it all looks similar.

Do I just take out the link?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I think it would help to post a picture of how the Tado is wired in now. You can do it on the desktop version of the forum.

Just to make sure, is there something that looks like a clock on the boiler? If so, is there an always on switch?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I can’t be certain but if there’s no timer at all you may be missing a timer link wire plug. If that’s the case you can easily get a new one from plumbing stores.

https://idealheating.com/uploads/documents/Mechanical_Time_Deletion_Kit_Installation_Guide.pdf
  • FabS
    Options

No there's definitely not a timer.

This is the wiring inside my boiler now. Literally just an engineer over to install a new sump and condesator and for some reason he's disconnected my tado wires.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Check if there’s a timer link wire plug under the blanking plate where the timer would go.
  • FabS
    Options
    Just checked and I've already got one in
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Try rewiring the Tado in that case. I’m assuming you have a uk wireless receiver? If not you could try wiring it in Opentherm and see if that makes a difference. Double check that the timer link wire plug is in properly too.
  • FabS
    Options

Yeah thats what I'm thinking. Trying to speak to support to see if I need any changes or additions. This is what it looks like at the mo

• FabS
    Options
    I've sorted the issue now. 2 wires were isolated in the same park in my old setup and so I've isolated them together again and its working now. I've also bridged the opentherm and I seem to have full control on the system now.

Thank you for everything