Clearer indication of what rooms are currently heating up

Hi,

I hear the heating coming on in the house and I want to know which rooms think it is too cold - as I want to see if I agree that it should be on and potentially reset their temperatures for the future. However, the home screen on the app only indicates in words "heating to...". Each room colour is set to green, amber, grey, yellow etc based on it's current temperature - but no colour or clear indicator of which room is currently heating.

Personally, I don't care if a room is showing as hot/cold etc - I trust either the person in the room to realise that and alter it accordingly or for tado do be doing its job and keeping the room at the temp I asked it to.

So, please could you let me have the option of setting all the tiles to indicate whether they are heating or not as against what they do now. Alternatively, could you make it clearer on the home page icons when a room is heating up.

thanks,

John.

17 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• If I've understood you correctly I think you can already see this on the app;

On the 'Home' screen click on 'Care & Protect' (the red block) and in the area marked "Heating Activity" you'll see a list of all the devices that are calling for heat at the moment with an icon showing what level of heat each device is asking for, i, ii or iii.

If no devices are listed and it says "No room is heating at the moment", but the boiler has fired up, then it might be your boiler/system's own frost protection kicking in on cold nights, or a hot water storage tank being heated.

• If the Home Screen room tile shows as "Heating to xx°".....then this is a clear indication that this room is "currently heating"
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@GrayDav4276 I must say that "Heating to xx°" doesn't always work correctly. I am aware of cases where "Heating to xx°" is shown, but no heating is activated ¯\\\_(ツ)\_/¯

• @rafm5
    I agree with your observation.....however it's often a "time lag" in the system.....and also in the majority of cases, this "incorrect" display soon disappears.....unless (of course) the tado° App or system is suffering from a bug/glitch......heaven forbid 😎
  • paul0000
    paul0000 ✭✭✭

Agree @rafm5 and @GrayDav4276 I see this on a regular basis and anywhere up to 5-7 minutes before the boiler may kick in and start heating the room.

Makes me nervous, especially when I'm away ... fearing the Wife phone call that it's freezing cold at home :)

• Having just added loads of smart TRV'S I can agree that it's a pain having to check the invidual rooms to see what area us calling for heat and the wave indicators are clear and unambiguous way to convey what the system is doing. This seems a quick and simple fix for thise using multiple rooms.
  • Agreed. For me, the rim tile on the Home Screen should only change colour when heat is called for. Currently our children’s room temp is equal to the temp I set it to so no heat called for, yet the room tile has gone orange. Crazy.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Nothing happens in here.