Tado Keeps overshooting and being unreponsive

Options

Here is an example of Tado constantly overshooting the thermostat temperature.

Temp is set to 19.3, and at 19.6 Tado is still firing the boiler at 66%.

Other times tado refuses to even switch to 1 heating bar when easily under the set thermostat and there is no sun to warm house naturally.

Comments

• RichardN
    Options

Here is another example this morning. 0.3 degrees above target temp and still firing boiler at 100%.

A complete waste of gas as outside is warming up quite a lot these days by lunchtime. It feels like it's just started doing this, has something broken? What would be useful is a diagnostics page in the app listing the variables it's using to make it's decision to keep boiler on at full blast.

Constantly having to babysit the app now and turn heating down to stop it heating up too much.

• andyblac
    Options

same issue here too, just seemed to start within the last week or so, Maybe due to cold days, at random atm, and tado˚ AI can't calculate the heating curve accurately ?

• wateroakley
    Options

Ditto, temperature seems to overshoot for the last week or two. We keep an eye on it manually.

• srichards
    Options

Mine is doing similar. It's up to near temperature by the time specified now but it decides to heat for ages after and is over shooting by 1c regularly. Then when it is back down to temperature it's consistent and reasonably tight on the temperature for the rest of the day. It's very strange.

I have no idea whether over shooting in the morning and then letting it fall back while the outside temperature is naturally increasing is more energy efficient than keeping it tighter but having to top it up sooner.

• notjohn20
    Options

I just switched on the heating in early November and found similar. First week or so the boiler was overshooting by a couple of degrees. Now it is down to about 1 degree. I thought the hot water was firing the boiler and overriding the thermostat and have organised a plumber to check it out. Looks like it is something Tado have changed but they are keeping quiet about it.

• Bram75
    Options
    Here the same, no matter what I try.
    Second issue is that Tado starts to late so never reaches temperature by the time specified.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Weirdly it only overshoots in my living room, where I have a wireless temp sensor installed as well as Tado trvs. It keeps the heating on low after it reaches temperature for between 0.5-1 degree above target temperature. I assume the algorithm has been tweaked.
  • andyblac
    Options

@Jurian come on sort this crap out....

• Bramg1988
    Options
    Just woke up. Living room is 17.7 preheating is on temp set to 19. This happens about every day. Experiencing a ton more bugs . Really dissatisfied with the *naughtyword* quality of their software
  • BOG73
    BOG73 ✭✭
    Options
    Tado is doing weird things randomly,it is unrealistic,unreliable piece of kit that cost a lot of money. Gave me headaches,I gave up to their support and look to replace Tado unless they change something for better especially at learning capabilities. Apparently there is Netatmo learning thermostat but need more info about this one before to buy,don’t wanna ,,jump’’ like I did with Tado.
  • andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm seriously considering selling Tado˚ and switching to Drayton Wiser, but OpenTherm implementation is lacking (no MAX Flow, or Hot Water control), it does have offline scheduling though and smart meter integration (not that I can use that).

• RichardN
    Options

Another heating season is upon us, and I'd just like to share an update.

It feels like Tado have made adjustments to the algorithm for the better. Hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I'm not seeing any overshoots, and the other big thing is it seems to be much more responsive.

Previously if the room was say 19.8 and you upped the setting to 20, it would wait ages before firing the boiler. Now the boiler seems to spring to life instantly, but crucially also doesn't overheat.

Anyone else noticing a difference ?

• wateroakley
    Options

Late October and the winter heating is still off.

• royi
    royi ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I've just switched my heatint on, as it's starting to get cold in the morning and have noticed that mine is also overshooting by 1-2 degrees, but what's interesting. I have the 2 wavy lines showing on the app, the wireless receiver is only showing 2 lights power and the connection light and the boiler display (bar graph) is showing no heat is being produced.

I say to check the boiler to see if it is still producing heat. Maybe there's a time delay between the app and the boiler. I have a Glo Warm boiler system boiler.