Wiring for the starter kit?

Options

Hi all,

I bought a wireless starter kit V3+ a few days ago and I am just waiting for it to come. I currently have a Glowworm Ultracom2 24 CXI combi boiler that controls heating and DHW with a Climapro2 RF thermostat. Now, whilst I do know that Tado works with Glowworm (Valliant) eBUS especially since my boiler was installed more than 5 years ago, I have seen some say that the wireless reciever (aka the latest version of the extension kit) does not have the wiring terminals for a low-voltage digitial connection.

I am just wondering whether anyone can confirm whether or not the wireless reciever has terminal connections for eBUS as it's pointless in having bought that Tado if it won't work in a modulating fashion and let me control DHW temp etc.

Pics of the avalibale wiring terminals would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Answers

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I can confirm that the latest Wireless Reciever only supports relay (on/off) control (at least in the UK). I mananged to replace mine with Extension Kit from eBay which does support OpenTherm and eBus. I have read somewhere that the European version of the latest Wireless Reciever does support OpenTherm and maybe eBus.

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    Options

Are you planning on using the Tado TRV's? If so you can actually wire the wired receiver model straight in to the boiler via eBUS. I know this doesn't help you with the wireless one (which as above no longer supports eBUS), but is an option.

I suppose if you didn't want Tado TRV's you could use a Tado wireless thermostat in the room where you want it to be based, although that'll be more costly than the wireless version you have bought.