eBUS + Extension Kit = no power?

Options

After installing Extension Kit and plugging it via eBUS to my boiler (Glow Worm Ultimate3 30c), the Extension Kit doesn’t want to power on.

After testing it with a multimeter, it seems the boiler supplies DC current through the eBUS, but for some reason when Extension Kit is plugged in to it, it drops every few seconds from 21V to 8V to 0V, then back to 21V. This means extension Kit doesn’t even have time to boot up before being switched off again.

Anyone with either Vaillant or Glow Worm boilers experienced anything like this? Anyone from tado’s tech support could chime in on this?

BTW, wiring it as a relay works but I can’t control the boiler.

Answers

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I think the Extension Kit needs a 240v supply

• That’s incorrect. Extension kit works with both AC and DC power supply, up to 36V, so from live wiring (240V) as well as from eBUS (24V). There are different wiring methods, based on your power input.

I’ve been in touch with tado° tech support and they’re investigating the issue. It might be that the Extension Kit has bricked during a reboot and I may need a replacement, but I’m still waiting for an answer.