Tado App - Heating will not come on, hot water control icon also missing

I had a boiler installed last week along with the Tado smart controls - Internet Bridge, Extension Kit and Smart Thermostat. The app was registered on my phone (Android) and the gas engineer asked me to put the heating on via the app to test it out. All worked fine.

During the week, I have lost remote access. I've managed to re-register my devices (all three mentioned above) and the heating control icon is present, but the maximum temperature I can set it to is 25 degrees and the heating won't come on.

Hot water works fine, athough the hot water control icon has now disappeared from the app since re-registering my devices and getting remote access back again.

Thanks for reading - any ideas?

Answers

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Hi @AM74 can I just clarify, when you say that you re-registered the devices - do you mean you reconnected them to the bridge, by rebooting them/ physically moving the bridge or do you mean that you actually re-registered them to your home (by first removing them from your home in the app, then effectively adding them again)?
  • Hi @cbd20.
    I removed the devices from the home via the app, pressed the factory reset button on the internet bridge and then added them again via the app.
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Hi @AM74. So for future reference the No Remote Access warning is typically when a device has lost connection to the bridge. Often this can be resolved by moving the bridge to a better location (if possible), or sometimes changing the bridge orientation is enough. In very large houses this can be difficult to achieve - there's a lot on this forum about this.

Now in terms of what's happened now I'm only guessing from this point, but my guess is as you've re-registered the devices as fresh, it's possible tado has lost the configuration of what was required. These are the things I'd potentially look at:

Firstly double check the status light on the extension kit to confirm it's definitely connected (pulsing heart beat) and not in a "holding state" (light doing something else).

Secondly, If you click Settings - Rooms and Devices. Then click the name of the room that contains your smart thermostat. Scroll to the bottom and double check that the Heating Controller is set to be your extension kit.

Whilst in the Rooms and Devices screen, I'd also check if you can see Hot Water Control listed. If it's not, this may require contacting tado who should be able to rectify this side of things.