Hide Hot Water Option

Options

Have recently moved from a system boiler to a combi boiler.

Still have the hot water option even though it is now defunct, would be good to be able to hide it in the settings.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Roguun I could be completely wrong here, but did you generate new installation instructions in the app for your new boiler? I think that may trigger it to realise you don't need hot water control anymore. But that is just a guess on my part.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    I have a Combi boiler....and I still use the "Hot Water" function within the App
    I set the Hot Water Temperature in the schedules for 40 degrees C for all "day" times.....and "OFF" during the night.
    I use my Alexa to increase the Hot Water Temperature to 46 degrees C when anyone is having a bath/shower.....the Alexa Routine returns the Hot Water Temperature to the schedule setting after 60 mins.
    It's not a necessity to do this I know....but I'm happy with it........But......I would not be happy to have it removed from "my" system setup.
  • gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    Options

Tado support can remove the hot water option if not needed and it isn't usually present where it's clear the boiler doesn't support hot water changes. It depends on how you have wired the boiler in and the make & model as to whether it's an option or not. If you are using the BUS connections then the hot water functionality is correct to be there as it's a paramter that can be changed on combis.