Sensors for hot water cylinder

I have purchased the tado° Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ with Hot Water Control, but the control is just a glorified on/off switch. It does not give me any flexibility to control the temperature of the water in the cylinder nor the least to see what the temperature currently is. Due to reasons unknown it happened in short space of time that I found the water to be cold while taking shower. Now I run this 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening and for four in the family it is sufficient. Had I known the temperature of the water I could have switch the water heater on and not be surprised. Currently my 4 hours of heating the water is a hit or miss, I have no idea if this is a waste of energy or if I am scrimping. It would be good if a unvented cylinder sensor probe could come with the Hot Water Control that would (in the app) display the progression of the water being heated when the Hot Water is switched ON. This is a very easy product to come up with but I do not know how easy it would be to integrate the thermostat control in the app as well. Tado will probably have to work with companies like Heatrae-Sadia (Megaflo) to achieve this.

7 votes

Active · Last Updated