App Bug Found - Boiler Running with Rads Off

Hi All,

I found a bug in your app.

I have been using Tado for 2 weeks without issue, it's great (but would love a 30min boost button per room).

I recently added my wife to my home to share control.

During a demo of the app, she pushed the "Boost" button and then a few seconds later clicked the "turn all off " button to disable it.

This quick process disabled the boost feature and the radiators but caused Tado to fire up my heating boiler still. This caused my boiler to start trying to pump hot water to radiators which were all off. Luckily for me, I have a radiator in the bathroom without a Tado TRV otherwise it may have damaged my boilers water pump!

After several attempts to try and turn off the boiler (first via the TRVs and then through a power cycle) the only way I found to do it was to enable Boost again... wait 5 minutes and disable it - which then turned off the boiler.

This needs to be fixed before it damages someone's boiler. Maybe adding a reset system button to the app or something.

All the best,

Si

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Maybe adding an auto bypass to the heating system would be better. Check the building regs in your country.