Before I rip it all out....

Robit
Robit
I see loads of people on here with same problem ie system doesnt not call for heat. App says everything is connected and fine. Boiler is fine. I have metered the relay and its 100% the tado not throwing its relay.

One thing also others have not mentioned is it does not trigger the fault detection either on the app. One would assume as the app is saying heating for several hours yet the thermostat is detecting the temperature dropping that would be detected as a potential fault?

For the last week every day I've had to go down and reset the power to the kit to get the relay to throw to call for heat. Once power cycled it works until it seems midnight.

What I have noticed is if you click turn all heating off in the app and then use the new boost function to turn the heating back on that sometimes springs it into life.

Are tado going to fix this issue with no call for heat or shall I just bin the system?

I am not totally reinstalling it all again to fix what is clearly a firmware/ schedule bug.

Answers

• Update: so after mucking about in the cold with this at 6am todsy because the wife is moaning and just "wants a dial on the wall back"...despite having tado since we bought the house.

I metered across the batteries which are "good" in the thermostat as figure that ultimately fires the extension kit into action.

Guess what they are less than the claimed good in the app. Soon as I put new batteries in the boiler fired up without the daily restart of the extension kit.

Time will tell but for all those with the same problem I'd get those batteries changed and ignore the app for battery health.
  • I wonder if the batteries were completely dead and never actually got round to reporting it to Tado?

Or a simple reboot helped :joy:
  • Update- now the heating is on and wont go off yet schedule says it should be off. ripping it out as we speak life is too short it's only here as house had it when we purchase it. Had hive at the house we sold never had to touch it once. had enough. Anyone want a thermostat, extension kit and internet bridge let me know.