Two zone (UFH + radiators) calling for heat issue + pump wiring

Options

Hi,

I have UFH on the main floor and radiators on the first floor. I wired the wireless receiver to the boiler and connected a smart thermostat wireless to this wireless receiver. This setup controls the main floor.

☝️Is it possible to wire the UFH pump with the wireless receiver in order to turn the pump on/off when the heating request is on/off? If there is no calling for heat then the pump should not run for no reason. If it possible how can I technically do that?

In order to control the radiator zone independently from the UFH zone, I bought a wired smart thermostat that I would set as the zone controller of the radiators. Where should I wire this smart thermostat? If I wire it to the zone valve then it will open the valve when one of the radiators will call for heat or close if non of the radiators call for heat.

It's not clear for me how the boiler will turn on in this case as the smart thermostat only relayed to the zone valve and not to the boiler. So if the UFH zone doesn't need heat, the boiler will turn off and won't supply hot water to the radiator zone even if the radiator zone calling for heat by opening the zone valve. Opening the zone valve won't turn on the boiler.

How can I make sure that the boiler will turn on and heat the radiator zone in case when the UFH zone doesn't call for heat?

Thanks for helping!

Answers

• Hi,

Are you able to sketch out your boiler, pump and zone valve setup?

Is sound like you may just need to configure what device controls the heat and which ones request heat from that.

There are some common setups here too https://support.tado.com/en/?q=Underfloor

Gabriel