Temporary temperature schedule

Allow users to set up a temporary schedule that overrules the actual schedule.

Why?
Sometimes I hear the night before that I have to work at home the next day. I want a warm office the next morning, but to do that I have to change the actual schedule and have to change it back afterwards. This is not convenient, so such feature would be awesome.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Wessel Could you not use one of the sets of 'Schedule days'? Mon-Sun etc.

• I would love this feature. The Schedule Day workaround is not a great solution to this use case
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@tadouser1000 Would you kindly explain please, why, in the example given by the OP, schedule days would not be a solution.

• @samd you still have to remember to set it back to the usual schedule
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@tadouser1000 Agreed and it is indeed the case but the first change relies on your remembering to change to the ad hoc schedule. My point is that it must be worth trying as as an interim arrangement and, given the mountain of work facing the dev team, this could be a long way down the line.

• This is another scenario that could be solved with individual geofencing for rooms. So, if only person X is at home Mon-Fri then heat the office room only. If multiple persons are at home Mon-Fri then heat the whole home as normal.

When the pandemic ends working from home for part of the week likely to be quite common. If Tado is an energy saving smart device then it needs to address this use case.

• I didn’t know that you could have all three schedules saved! Thanks for the tip!