Frequent loss of router/cloud on Tado bridge
I keep finding that all my Tado devices are unavailable "no remote access". This often, but always seems to coincide when there has been an interruption to my broadband, or a power cut. I have tried various permutations of restarting the bridge and/or the router. Sometimes restarting the router or even resorting to resetting it fixes it, but not always. I have been unable to connect consistently for the last 24 hours. The remainder of my home network if working fine. The Bridge either is stuck on the router light flashing or more often, on the cloud light flashing.
I have reviewed the forums, and of note I am on EE. This has been a recurring theme over the last few months. I have followed I believe all the guidance on the support pages:
- Separate USB power supply
- Restarted the bridge after 2 mins disconnect
- Restarting the router after 2 mins disconnect (currently a new EE Smart hub - I persuaded them it may be an issue with the hub, although have also tried TP-Link VR2600).
- Connecting the bridge ethernet directly to the router
- Changed DNS to google 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Set static IP address for the bridge
At a loss what else to try. I have contacted Tado support whom recommended all the above; but no joy. I can obviously turn on indiividual radiators manually but this is not very satisfactory.
My Tado system is Smart Thermostat, extension kit, 11 tado radiator thermostats (9 rooms).