Radiator valves on different firmware

I know this has been asked before but I can’t find a definite answer

last week I brought a quad pack of radiator valves, 3 of them are running 75.2 and the other 54.12; this one seems to go offline more often.

I know they are supposed to auto update but it has been over a week and they haven’t? Is there a way to force it to update? If I go into the HomeKit section of the app and select “Update firmware” on the device nothing much happens?

unrelated, is there a way to change my username on the forum, I made a typo, that should be a U not a Y 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Answers

• Any ideas? It still hasn’t updated, I have reset it and that value seems particularly unstable often going to unresponsive in Apple Home
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Maybe it’s different hardware.

• In the very same box?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@REBELinBLYE Hi - the latest firmware versions is VA1's firmware 54.9 and VA2 is 75.2. You have an old model which, unlike VA2s, cannot use rechargeable batteries.

• REBELinBLYE
    edited January 2021

That surely can't be true, all 4 are brand new from the very same box I brought the Quattro pack, why would Tado have put an old model for one of the valves?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@REBELinBLYE Disconnect your VA1 and look at the model number in the head.

• Not sure which bit is supposed to be the model number but other than of course the serial and auth code all 4 are the same

DVA02V-TA-04

VT2042

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

If DVA02V-TA-04 is the rogue one then yours are all 02s.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

This may help:

As soon as you connect your devices to the tado° servers, the latest firmware is automatically downloaded and installed. You do not need to take any action to initiate this update.

As only one device can be updated at a time, it will take a while before all of your devices are updated.

To check which firmware version your device is running on, go to Settings > Rooms & Devices in your tado° app and choose the respective device from the list.

You may notice that your devices have different firmware versions installed on them. However, this is nothing to be concerned about as each device updates to the latest firmware version available for its specific model.

• REBELinBLYE
    edited January 2021
    Yes they all say VA02. I know this about the updates but it has been 3 weeks now, and as I said I am only concerned because that valve keeps going unresponsive
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

I'm afraid is sounds faulty and only Support at tado.com can change the device

• Hi @REBELinBLYE,
    I agree with @samd.....the device sounds faulty.
  • Thanks all, so yeah it isn't a common issue, that is what I was trying to determine. I have emailed them

• I have the same problem, 5 valves, 4 are on FW v79.1 one seems to be stuck on v54.12. All bought at the same time, one starter pack (2 valves & room stat) the other three, single add-ons

The one that is stuck, definitely came from the starter pack.

• You probably want to contact them, we got it working by switching it with one of the ones which had updated so moving it closer to the bridge and then they pushed the update to it and everything worked