In what steps can the radiator valve regulate heat? And for the thermostat?

Options
124»

Answers

• SteveIreland
    Options

@GrayDav4276 I will as soon as I can. Sadly I damaged my back cleaning my solar panels yesterday 😫

I think its all very new as they quote its on a slow rollout. In circumstances like this, its usually rolled out to staff first, then to a few beta testers that have signed up to do this sort of stuff somewhere and somehow. Then a slow rollout to just a few owners based on serial numbers.

Once my back is…..back, I will see what's what and report back.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

So I reached out to tado support this morning. Initially they told me the feature was not available and they had no idea when it would be implemented.

I then pointed them at 2 support pages that explicitly mentioned it, and they've said they will explore further and get back to me.

It seems to me that the support team haven't been made aware of it. I have said the statement should be removed from those pages if it's genuinely not true, or not imminent. If it is true, then they need to be more specific as to which regions and which device revisions are affected.

I'll update if I hear back.

I don't suppose @Emcee could shed more light on this?

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I wonder if this is the reason for the recent jump in firmware version numbers (ie 204.1)

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, my question has now been forwarded to second level support.

Definitely appears to be an update to the support pages that frontline support weren't made aware of...
  • SteveIreland
    Options

When I fitted my Thermostats and TRVs they were all firmware in (I think) the 60s point something. Now they've updated:

Thermostat (wired) : 204.3

Add-On Wired Thermostat: 97.1 (seems odd considering its basically the same device as the above)

TRVs: 204.1

Bridge: 92.1

I might try disconnecting the ethernet cable to the Bridge later and see what happens.

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

@cbd20,

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to share more than the information already available in the tado° support articles. I suspect he same is true for our agents, which is why they could not give you a straight answer.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Options

@Emcee in which case I suggest tado removes that paragraph from ALL the relevant support pages.

End users are going to read that, expecting their system to continue working with no network. Your statement suggests it likely won't.

This means the support pages are incorrect and providing duff information.

And you wonder why users are losing faith in tado and their support. It also means that when a new user comes onto this very forum to ask other users for advice, we cannot help them as the information available to us is inaccurate.

As I say, please either remove the statements from the affected support pages or provide more supporting information.

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

@cbd20

From my pov and based on what I know, the information is vague, but accurate. No promises, but I'll talk to the article writers to see if they can update the phrasing.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming any of this info is correct, from my point of view this is all five years too late. Even if the mythical v4 is fantastic, it's far too late, there are much better options out there now, and I could never bring myself to trust anything tado say anyway.
  • SteveIreland
    Options

What a strange comment. So disinterested in anything Tado have to say, yet you spend your precious time complaining?

Very odd.

• royi
    royi ✭✭
    Options

@SteveIreland Give it time, you will understand why us users get frustrated with this product. Watch what happens when you lose connection and there's no where to turn waiting for a reply from support.

• SteveIreland
    Options

I just thought it weird that after 5 years a grudge is still held enough to still be posting on here.

I have had lost connections. But I figured it out and have not had one since. Reading the installation instructions and other posts on here helped me a lot, especially in regards to the Bridge.

• Domotix
    Options

Hello,

Excuse me, but what do these latest discussions have to do with the subject?

Best regards,

Pat.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Domotix because this is a classic example of how Tado could have put this matter to bed in five minutes with a definitive answer.
    @SteveIreland because I had multiple tado devices for over five years with no progress from Tado during this time to resolve any of the major issues that were outstanding. Originally, tado committed to offering support here, but for the last couple of years, radio silence, leaving users to speculate on answers that Tado could so easily advise on.
  • SteveIreland
    Options
    @johnbur Kudos for you still trying to get something sorted for 5 years.
    I would have given up after just a few months. Nothing so bad would have stayed in my house that long. I returned all my Kasa TRVs after 3 months due to poor customer service.
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    Options
    @SteveIreland Tado was the best of a bad bunch five years ago, and I stuck with it as i naively assumed they would continue developing it. Their support was excellent then, including a number you could actually ring and talk to someone.
    Today, however, there are many better options out there, so it was time to change. Bonus was that I was able to sell all my kit for more than I paid for it five years ago...
    Hence my cynicism re anything they say now - there is no evidence that they have changed their approach.