"Your system is not supported" [Climote]

I'm trying to install the Tado Wireless Receiver to be the controller of my boiler (regular / open vent, Ideal SE18 18kw gas boiler).

Until ~2 years ago, I had a very standard digital controller to set which hours the boiler would come on, and be able to boost.

About 2 years ago, I had the Climote installed by my utility at the time, SSE Airtricity. It was billed as a smart thermostat. In fact it was functionally the same as my previous controller (I can set which hours the boiler comes on and boost it manually).

Now, I'm trying to install Tado so I can get real thermostat functionality (e.g., when thermostat reads it as colder than desired temp, the thermostat will tell the boiler to turn on).

In order to do this, I need to replace the Climote (the device I use to turn on boiler) with the Tado Wireless Receiver. However, the Tado app says the system is not compatible. Aside from the fact I currently have a Climote, I have, what I assume is, the most common heating system in Europe (or, at least, Ireland).

Please help..!!

Answers

• i'm trying to replace my climote system too . did you get a resolution ???

• Don’t know about climote but the boiler the op is talking about is non condensing so it would probably be worth upgrading that first anyway. Assuming climote uses switched relay it should be a simple job to replace it.
  • Can’t get it to work either