Smart Thermostat Batteries run out quickly

I'm having a real problem with my Thermostat. Recently, it keeps using up the batteries very quickly. I'm using 3 brand new AAA alkaline LR03, as recommended by Tado, when I get a message to replace. After about 5 days, I get another message saying the batteries are low and need replacing again! If I don't do that, the thermostat runs out of power and I have no heating. I can't keep putting in new batteries every time this happens so I'm hoping there is a fix.

Does anyone have the same problem and if so, have they found a fix? Tried contacting Tado support but had no reply. Thanks!

Best Answer

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓

@Pedro_B You need to contact support again at tado.com. You appear to have a faulty device - needs to be replaced.

Answers

• I have had exactly the same issue with just one of my wall thermostats which granted is furthest away from the bridge but still has solid connection when you look at the app. I have contacted the support team about this and they say that they cannot identify the issue and as a result put it down to a faulty thermostat however, unfortunately I got mine second hand from eBay so it won't be in warranty. Its odd though as when it is powered up it works fine its just the batteries run out within 3-4 days whilst having a stable connection throughout that period (no drop outs).