3 Smart Thermostat and 3 different Firmwares

Options

I've just bought a starterkit v3+ and 2 additional smart thermostats. Now if I check the firmware, I have 3 different ones...

Firmware: 76.1

Firmware: 51.7

Firmware: 67.2

Why is that? Shouldn't they have the same version?

btw: With version 67.2 I have a lot of no remote access issues, although it's in the same room. The other 2 are always fine.

thnx

viTus

Answers

• fluffymitten
    edited February 2021
    Options

I have two TRVs on different firmwares. Tado seem to say that this is normal behaviour as not everything gets updated at the same time.

The TRV closest to the Internet Bridge is on 79.1 and has just had the Child Lock update pushed to it. The TRV furthest away was on 54.something and didn't have the Child Lock update.

I made sure the furthest away TRV was in frost protection mode, removed it from the radiator and placed it next to the Internet Bridge for about 15 minutes. Re-paired it just to be 100% certain it was connected, even though I didn't have any pairing issues. The firmware updated fine and now it has the new feature enabled.

I've made a note that this is the procedure I'll need to do periodically to maintain the firmware.

I only have one Smart Thermostat and one Temperature Sensor and these are on different firmwares to the TRVs, probably to be expected as they are different devices.