Radiator TRVs not behaving as expected

Options

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION BUT MORE OF A DISCUSSION AROUND MY EXPERIENCE WITH PROBLEMS WITH TADO TRVs AND THE SOLUTION EVENTUALLY SUGGESTED BY TADO TECHNICAL SUPPORT. HOPEFULLY OTHER USERS WILL FIND THIS USEFUL;

I had installed 6 new TADO TRVs; 3 in the lounge all set up under 'room' called 'lounge', two in a 'room' called 'dining room' and 1 independently in a bathroom. I could not achieve a consistent temperature in either the lounge or dining room, some TRVs would come on whilst others would not in each of these 'rooms'. The reason I had set up these 'rooms' was because I wanted a consistent temperature in them all controlled from the same 'schedule'. after nearly four weeks of going backwards and forwards to TADO technical support (a very frustrating experience) and uninstalled and re-installed and re calibrated and moved TRVs between radiators and set different TRVs as the 'measuring device' within the 'room' we still couldn't get them to work. One radiator would be blasting out heat while the other was stone cold!

Eventually Tado Technical support asked me whether there was a mixture of old and new valves and whether there were different types of valve, which was the case! The only solution that has worked was to treat each radiator completely independently and set it up as its own 'room' i.e. three separate rooms within the lounge area and two separate rooms within the kitchen EACH with their OWN schedule. Now this was a bit of a pain to set up to make sure I had all schedules working as a sudo 'room' consistently but it was the only thing that worked. All our now working as I would expect!

SO THE BIG LESSON HERE IS EITHER REPLACE ALL YOUR THERMOSTATIC VALVES (NOT THE TADO SMART TRV) WITH NEW ONES IF YOUR SYSTEM HAS BEEN INSTALLED FOR SOME TIME OR EMPLOY THE SOLUTION RECOMMENDED ABOVE.

I have now set up my true rooms in the Apple Home app and assigned the appropriate devices, that way I can change temperatures, switch rooms off or on via the Home app. It does mean that TADO treats this as a 'manual' control and you have to be careful to set up how manual control is treated for each device in the TADO app ( 'until next automatic change', 'Timer', 'until ended by user').