Tado continues heating well over temperature

Options
Morning all,

I have started this thread because Tado Support on the Chat are useless and I have been waiting for a response for over 12 hours on this occasion. I have previously raised the issue twice in the past two months and been told it will sort itself out. Clearly it hasn’t.

So onto the issue. Since moving house and bringing my Tado with me, I’ve had issues with the Tado just not stopping heating the house way in excess of the target temperature. We’re talking mid 20s from a target of 18.

Night before last we had a power it and the two mornings since I’ve had to stop the heating from heating by physically turning the boiler off. When I’ve turned it back on its continued to heat again.

My guess is the thermostat within in the Tado is stuck to heating but I have no way of checking this, especially as I can’t talk to anyone and have a ridiculous chat/email thing which takes days to get anywhere.

When Tado first started the support was amazing but now it’s abysmal.

Comments

• Same issues here. Already waiting 3 weeks for an answer. And than suddenly the chat is closed by Tado. Bad service...
  • My two days in seems reasonable. I’m going to keep messaging every day.

Apparently there’s a voicemail you can call?

Keep me updated with your issue, we might be able to help each other.
  • Here the same issue. I have a Tado wired thermostat and several radiator thermostat valves in different rooms. I have noticed that the thermostat never gives the correct temperature. So I have been trying to tweak it by changing the offset. This morning I entered my living room and it was 25 degrees and still heating! While the smart schedule was set to heat up until 22 degrees. It doesn't make sense.

• SMurat
    Options
    This is a smart thermostat which causes more temperature fluctuation than the dumbest manual on/off thermostat which you can buy for 10 Euros.
  • Graemekear
    Options
    Same problem for me, thermostat measures 21.9 and I've got the system set to 19. Yet all the radiators are still blasting out hot air