Why won't my boiler switch off today?

Options

We have had tado for several years with a v3 bridge connected to an extension kit and single wired thermostat connected to our Vaillant gas boiler. We have no radiator controllers and no additional rooms.

This morning the house was hotter than usual and regardless of the smart schedule, geo home / away or manual settings the boiler (heating) is permanently on.

So far I have:

1. Reset the bridge by turning the power off / on
  2. Reset the thermostat by holding the front button until it reboots and says 'Hi'
  3. Reset the extension kit by pressing and holding the button underneath
  4. Replaced the batteries in the thermostat even though the app showed them as green

I have had to switch my boiler off manually to stop the heating !!

Answers

• Milkybargeek
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi @iomroadster I have had similar issues today, I've rebooted my bridge and it seems okay now.

• Quick update: I received an email from Tado support suggesting that I remove the Tado Bridge from the wall (after isolating the power of course) and then turn the power back on with the Bridge removed. This would isolate the issue to the boiler (if it still turns on) or the bridge (if it remained off).

It appears the Bridge was not at fault, and in fact once reconnected you can hear the relays clicking to turn the water / heating on and off.

Great news for Tado, not such great news for my boiler which apparently had multiple failures and is currently being replaced.

In some ways I was glad it wasn't Tado at fault as it remains by far the best home automation kit we have!