Unable to register bridge

Options
I have bought the new v3 smart thermostat and want to upgrade from v1. But when I try and register the new bridge I get an oops there was an unexpected response from the server. I have tried to manually enter the serial no and with code, with no success. Tado support are not responding to chats or mails and there is no phone support.

Has anyone’s else come across this issue ?

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

The V1 and V3 devices are not compatible and will not run on the same account. Just a guess, but I’d say the addition of a V3 device is causing Tado’s servers to return an error. You’ll probably need the assistance of customer support to get the bridge registered.

• Thank you . I have decided to return the V3 bridge and Smart Thermostat. I am unable to contact support and have lost confidence that Tado is able to support their app and product should things go wrong. Maybe trying to upgrade in winter is also not a good idea.

• Update: Tado decided in their wisdom to remove all my devices from my account and not inform me. It was sunday night when my heating was on full whack that I wanted to check what was going on and no devices were found.

With no support or able to speak with tado - tried to install the devices but failed miserably and a little to and fro with Tado support and a few urgent calls to their emergency voicemail they eventually sent through the correct schematic to get my heating up an running .

So from Sunday night to Wednesday morning had limited heating - I think Tado must do a bit better.

next stop -- TRVs Lets see how that goes.