Heating is bypassing my tado and turning on when it shouldn't

Options
Hi, I recently swapped my ESI wireless thermostat and ESI ESRTP4RF receiver with the tado smart thermostat and extension kit. I have followed all instructions to the best of my ability and wired up the extension kit and from that I used the patch cable provided in the pack to wire up to COM and NC on the back of my thermostat. My original thermostat being wireless, I didn't have any hard wiring to install my tado thermostat to.
I've obviously done something wrong because my devices are all paired and I can talk to my thermostat from my phone, but when I turn my central heating on at the boiler, the house heats up even when I'm telling my thermostat to he off.

Any advice to an absolute novice would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks.

Comments

• alvoryx
    alvoryx
    edited December 2020
    Options

"wired up the extension kit and from that I used the patch cable provided in the pack to wire up to COM and NC on the back of my thermostat."

so if I understand correctly, you wired the tado wireless receiver directly to the tado thermostat ?

if that's so, it is not ready to work 😅

you said you had a wireless thermostat before. that "old" wireless thermostat was connecting, wirelessly, to something... either to an "old" wireless receiver itself connected to the heating system or, maybe, directly to the eating system itself.

so you what you have to do is

1-replacing the "old" wireless receiver connected to the heating system with tado's wireless receiver. if you don't have an "old" wireless receiver then you have to check your eating system manual to wire up tado's wireless receiver correctly.

if this step is not done correctly, even if the thermostat is asking to the wireless receiver to shut the eating system, nothing happens, as you are describing.

2-replace your "old" wireless thermostat with the one provided by tado.

Pay attention to shut the power of your eating system before step 1-

• GoodBranch
    Options

Or it could be another Tado software glitch. I have had issues for neatly 2 months and had boiler firing in the middle of the night such that I had to cut power to the boiler.

No help so far whilst I watch the oil burn away unnecessarily.