Random app log out

Options

Does anyone else randomly get logged out of the Tado app? Seems to happen to me quite often ; got to open it and then need to resign in and reclaim device etc. Is this just a security thing in the app or is it an issue with the app itself (or maybe my phone?!)

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@wadeo0 Suspect your phone - never been logged out in past 12 months or so.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @wadeo0
    It's your phone
  • alvoryx
    alvoryx
    edited December 2020
    Options

Why is this marked as "answered" ? It is not.

I have the same issue. It occurred 2 times in approx. 2 days. I am running Android 11.

The issue is definitely not linked to "my phone". Its a new OnePlus 8 Pro, no crap installed or whatsoever.

By the way, the app redirects to the default web browser in order to authenticate. Frankly can somebody tell me what this non-sense is actually about ? Can't Tado simply design a proper login screen within the app itself ?

I mean the mess is starting there. Who does that ? Opening the default webrowser to login then redirecting in the App... ????? How dirty is that

I am almost sure that the random logout issue is linked with that.

Either that or a compatibility issue between the Tado app and Android11... or both...

• alvoryx
    alvoryx
    edited December 2020
    Options

Why is this marked as answered ? It is not.

I have the same issue. Random logouts multiple times per day

And it is not "my phone" <_< My phone is a new OnePlus 8 Pro running Android11 with no crap installed or whatsoever.

By the way, what is this dirty login trough the default browser about ? Can somebody explain me the point instead of doing a clean login screen in the app itself ?

Why complicating things like that ? For me the mess is starting right there.

• Lea
    Options

We have the same issue with two different up-to-date Xiaomi Phones and an iPhone 13. From day one of using the app.

I'm logged in, everything is fine. Close the app, open it again because forgot to do something - logged off.

We hate it so much that we are reconsidering using tado all together.

And I have also asked myself several times why the heck do I have to login in my default browser and not in the app itself

How can you just say "it's your phone"..

• Having the same issue on a Nokia X20 running an up to date Android 13. Apparently 2+ years further and the issue still hasn't been fixed.
  • WillYZF
    WillYZF
    edited February 2023
    Options

Perhaps its just me but I have been permanently logged in since pre Christmas when I bought in to Tado.

Iphone 13 Pro Max IOS Beta software updates during that time (Currently IOS 16.4). Also during that time there have have been several updates to the Tado App.