Two radiators, one temperature sensor, one room

Options
Moonclamp
Moonclamp
edited December 2020 in General Questions & Topics

I have two radiators in one room - both with Tado valves.

One of them is on a wall, next to the internal door.

The other is under a desk, in a recess and next to some computer hardware.

I've not yet decided where to place the temperature sensor.

Ideally I'd like the majority of heat to come from the rad near the door, and just a small amount of heat to come from the one under the desk -- in order to keep my computer (and my feet) from overheating.

Is there any way of prioritising one, or controlling them individually without creating a new virtual 'room'?

For information's sake, this is on a communal system, so there are no accessible boiler controls and no place for a central thermostat -- it's TRVs in every room, a wireless sensor, and a main on/off lever.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Moonclamp Easiest is to reduce the amount of hot water at the lockshield end of the rad under your desk.

• Moonclamp
    Options

I guess that would work, although not ideal as it means keeping a spanner handy for times I'm away from the desk and want to make adjustments.

I was hoping there'd be a way of prioritising this using the app or the positioning of the room thermostat.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Moonclamp With 2 tado TRVs they automatically sync so always 'obeying' the setting on whichever is the measuring device. If you have a room stat I would suggest trying different positions to see where works best but even with a room stat both rads are going to follow the room stats settings, of course.

• GoodBranch
    Options

HI. Tado support have advised me to merge 2 thermostats. You wish but not sure how to do it yourself.

My main wireless thermostat is next to one of my SRT's and they suggested I merged them as yet.