Set up to replace Drayton Digistat 2 & hall radiator control.

I am looking to upgrade my heating system by replacing my programmer in the hall with a wired smart thermostat V3. I intend to fit smart rad stats though my radiator in the hall has no stat. Will I need to add one or can just the hall be controlled by the smart thermostat. There is a radiator on the landing (open space to lower hall) FYI.

thanks.

Best Answer

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sandowner You don't say what type of boiler you have - if combi then the combi will take care of water. Whatever you have needs to be itemised by type and model along with your requirements at tado.com Support and they will then give you a wiring diagram and installation instructions - well worth it.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@Sandowner Any radiator without a tado device will receive heat when any tado device requests it.

• Hello again. Thank you for your response.

Another question to make sure I buy all that I require.

I have a Drayton Digistat 2 programmer in the hall. I have no other unit between this and the boiler. Will the smart thermostat replace my Drayton and connect directly to the boiler without the need for a bridge? The Digistat controls the temperature as well.

thanks.