Tado switching daily back to FROZEN_PROTECTION

Options

Hello.

Tado switches daily back to FROZEN_PROTECTION without any recognizable reason. So basically it terminates the heating schedule - a mess in winter. I have already deactivated geofencing - no change. Any idea why?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@tomtc Have you asked support - your issue is a new one I think.

• Adam05
    Options
    I have had the exact same problem in the last week. I don’t know if it is a coincidence but it has been doing this since I installed some additional smart TRVs.
  • stefr
    stefr
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Also having some issue, 2 out of the 3 mornings I had the system installed, the system was off (freeze prevention mode).
    It's on smart schedule with no TRVs installed, and wireless thermostat at 3 m from the internet hub and boiler receiver.

Temperature was reported all night, so termostat did not lose signal or internet. It just set itself off indefinitely for no reason.
  • JD5000
    Options
    I had something similar. I’d come back to the house and everything was switch off/frost protection. In the end I realised it was HomeKit turning everything off when I left, but not turning it back on when I return. Maybe double check that if you are an IOS user