Wiring for CH and HW

Options

Hello,

Just bought a Tado starter kit with the HW extension to replace an old Honeywell C27 control. The system includes a Viessmann Vitodens 100-w heat only boiler with a HW unvented cylinder in a S plan.

I'm trying to understand how to wire the thermostat and extension. I'm attaching two photos of how I'm thinking of wiring it - is it correct?

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi I am just about to do a similar upgrade and wondered how you got on?
  • barba
    Options

Hi there, I can't remember if the wiring I put above was correct. What I did eventually was to use the Tado App on the smartphone, which has an amazing "Installation Assistant" which will walk you through the wiring based on the model of thermostat you already have. Mine was an old Honeywell: it found it, and then it showed me where to put each wire in the new Tado thermostat: very impressive. Apparently, in the installation assistant of the Tado App "You will find step-by-step instructions for over 16,000 different heating systems". You can find more information on the official website here https://www.tado.com/gb-en/installation/wired-smart-thermostat. Hope this helps!

• Thanks Barba for the reply. Yea that is what I realised and it's all now installed :). Agree it was great instructions and liked the fact it provided all the electrical bits needed.