V3+ modulating on nefit proline hrc 24 cw3/cw4?

Hi all,

Trying to find out whether the V3+ is supposed to support modulating on my boiler. I have a 2008 nefit proline hrc 24. Some googling suggests that the V3+ is supposed to handle Nefit's proprietary protocols without converting? But I can't find a definitive confirmation (or installation instructions)..

Heating is working fine using the on/off relais.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• I have the same problem.

I have a combination of Tado Slimme Thermostaat V3+ and Nefit ProLine HRC 24 cw4. It works, but doesn't look like an OpenTherm, because it can only switch on/off the ketel working as a relay, and doesn't control the temperature of the radiator, of hot water, and can't control hot water off/on from the app (however in the APP I can see and I can change hot water temperature).

The connection diagram seems to have an OT/OpenTherm as a supported option, but the case is that it doesn't work.

• mannetje80
    edited November 2023

It's been working for me for the past few years without a problem. Interestingly, it looks like my boiler/CV has a different layout:

But modulating is working fine for me!

• I have an exact setup as you @nikolkox mentioned in your first answer, basically Tado does nothing when you turn on heat. Did you manage to resolve it maybe?