Setting up new system without Internet

My friend is buying a house and moving in on Friday. She will have no internet till late next week. The system in place has been left by previous owner and is a standard smart thermostat and internet bridge, with I think a wired boiler reciever.

I have a Tado system in my own house so I know how it works in general. But how can we set this new one up?

I assume I can reset the Internet bridge, and then will she be able to connect via the app? We have a router that we can use, it just wont be connected to WAN

Will this work?

Answers

• My friend is buying a house and moving in on Friday. She will have no internet till late next week. The system in place has been left by previous owner and is a standard smart thermostat and internet bridge, with I think a wired boiler reciever.

I have a Tado system in my own house so I know how it works in general. But how can we set this new one up?

I assume I can reset the Internet bridge, and then will she be able to connect via the app? We have a router that we can use, it just wont be connected to WAN

Will this work?

• Hi, thanks for this, its appreciated. I did try that but the problem I had was that although I could connect using phone hotspot, the laptop would not act as a DHCP server so the bridge would not get an IP address.

Although the smart thermostat would talk to the boler okay so we had heating. Intenet got connected yesterday so we are all good now.

Cheers

James