Thermostat Battery Replacement Woes

Ever since I bought my Tado v2 a few years back, I've had loads of issues with replacing the batteries.

Each time i have tried to put batteries in, it is hit or miss (usually miss) whether the thermostat powers up... i really don't know of a technique for it to work each time... every time i spend about half an hour faffing around with the batteries, turning them, pulling the metal connector bit out a little so it connects to the + terminal of the batteries (who the heck designs battery polarity to use the + terminal on the flexi metal part of the compartment in the first place?!?)

I dont know what to do.. i'm in a situation now where i have been trying to get it to power on now with a fresh set of batteries for over an hour and i'm pulling my hair out.

does anyone else get the same issues? Its over a couple of years old now so if it is faulty (and presumably always has been) then I'm sure Tado will just say "out of warranty, buy a new one" (that is not going to happen given their new business model with the v3+ debacle)

Answers

• Just bought a V3+ today and same issue here, reseted the device by taking replacing batteries and thought it had died.... what a scare.

Plus the Tado reports 2 more degrees than it should...

Adding all up also wondering if the unit is defective.
  • well as i expected.. tado support got back to me and just offered a measly 20% off of a new one. given the whole v3+ fiasco, i'm not really up for that. thanks but no thanks but i think this is the end of the line for me and Tado. I feel Nest or Hive might well be calling me