Hot water set up

Options
Hi
I am new to Tado so trying to get used to it. My issue I’m having is with the Tado extension / Hot water.
Every time the water is turned on, the boiler does not start unless I have the hot water running, can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong ?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@davidj If you have followed the wiring instructions for your setup then |I suggest your contact support at tado.com

• davidj
    Options
    I’m sure I have. I have contacted Tado but they say that it comes on once the temp goes below a certain number however I’ve tested this and the boiler only started back up once I turned the hot tap on
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@davidj If I were you I would have another go at support. There are many people on here with a wealth of knowledge but you would need to reply here with full details of your setup, makers and models etc

• davidj
    Options
    Thanks for getting in touch and helping me.
    If I have the water scheduled to turn on and off, if the cylinder already has hot water in it, does that mean the hot water will not come on? If so there is no point scheduling it is there ?
  • davidj
    davidj
    edited September 2020
    Options
    That’s my issue. I have mine scheduled twice a day and the boiler doesn’t even come on for a second.
    The only way I can get it on is if I run a tap

It maybe is because the water is already warm so does not need warming up
  • davidj
    Options
    I will do thanks for your help