Tado solution for multiple Timers for Under floor heating and Radiator heating & Water

Could anyone help with clarifying what I need in a Tado setup, if I have a combination of underfloor heating for bathrooms, downstair living area and radiators in each bedroom. I am looking into making my house Heating and Water system work with a Smart thermostat product like Tado and understand Tado does have a solution for a combination of radiators and underfloor heating.

The current house setup came with the following

a) Drayton timer for my home Water and Heating (Radiators upstairs bedrooms). But there are two other timers Danfoss, one upstairs and one downstairs.

b) The down stairs Danfoss timer controls when the Underfloor heating (water) for downstairs hallways, lounge and kitchen area (each room is controlled by separate dial thermostats).

c) The other Danfoss timer Upstairs controls upstairs bathrooms (3 separate zones and own thermostats)..

Both Danfoss timers does not start the boiler to heat the underwater-heating but depends on the timing of the Drayton Heating & hot water.

Questions

1) How can I control the timing of when these 3 systems come on in sync to work together? Then I can use wall-thermostats and radiator-thermostats to control each Rome/zone?

2) Do I need to purchase 3 Tado controllers and would the app or software know this to work out the overall house control and temperature?

Any insight and help would be much appreciated

Michael

Answers

• Hello Mykelee138,

Thank you for your question,

1) Each zone would have to be controlled by a Smart Thermostat

2) An Extension Kit would replace the Drayton timer which controls the system boiler and Hot Water. Yes, the tado° configuration will allow you to control these zones individually via the software. However there are cases, when a wiring centre is involved, where the dependency you mention might affect fully individual heat requests.

To be absolutely sure contact Support directly:

With best regards,

Joey