Why is my tado not turning the heating off when the temperature is at 20.6

Options
My thermostat is not turning off my heating even though it registers the ten above 20

Answers

• Julia
    Options

Hi Johncheetham,

We are sorry you are experiencing these inconveniences.

A valve not closing can have different causes, so our tech support always have to check each individual case. inserting new batteries can, but does not have to, resolve the issue, as it triggers a reset. It is also possible that the batteries do not supply enough voltage to close the valve, so replacing them with fresh ones might help. We usually can fix this issue by changing the calibration configuration, but if that does not resolve the issue, of course all means necessary will be put in place.

In order for this problem to be fixes, we rely on our user's cooperation:

• Please contact us through our contact form.
    • Give us the serial number of the device affected.
    • Provide exact times at which you observed the issue.
    • Make sure the device is registered to your account and online - we might also ask you to mount it on the radiator so that we can see how it reacts to the changes we apply.

Any information helps.

We might also ask you to mount it on a different valve so we can investigate further.

We thank you for your patience.

Best,

Julia

• johncheetham
    Options

They came back to me saying that the system takes into account other factors such as decreasing temperature outside and can end up with the heating on in expectation that it will be needed despte already being above target temperature.

I don't haven't experienced the same problem since, so this may have been a one off