tado resite

Options

bought a second hand device in good used condition but its saying it has already been registered to another person/address...is there anyway this can be re registered to me and new address

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 8
    Options

Hi culligas,

You'll need to contact our support for help in Contact us article.

Please include a copy of a proof of purchase and a picture of the serial numbers.

Best regards,

Frank

• culligas
    Options

no proof of purchase as it came out a clients home,i was not the one that fitted it,i just replaced and this became surplus...it very much sounds like a deficit when coming to purchase this product, either new or not

• culligas
    Options

hi myke,my ad is back on eBay,i knew unit had been used before i sold it the first time,i just was not aware that these units had to be registered with tado...like all other units i supply and fit,not once have i ever had to register it with manufactures,and this will bring up future issues if any of there units are sold on (like yours and mine),or even if it was fitted in a newly purchased property ...mine is now up for sale as "parts only",and have made any potential buyer aware of this.... other products on the market,i know for sure can be used via apps available to the model,so with this in mind,i would never think of buying this model ,or any other model where as to me its on a rental basis,wholly reliant on manufactures governing restrictions on what the manufacture throughout the lifetime of unit...there are plenty of plug and play models out there myke,cut your loses and buy one of those...im selling similar models all the time on eBay quite often,this was the first one of the tado range i have tried to sell on,and probably the last....good look with getting any joy with tado,you will need ,purchase receipt,serial number and letter from god

• Myke
    Options

well for my update, by contacting the comapny via twitter, they've managed to reset the serial and stuff so I could use it. I got over that hurdle. I am not faced with the whole updating firmware thing and according to the app it could take up to an hour to complete. That was all cool fine and dandy, the issue is that was about 2-3 hours ago and still nothing but the Updating screen (then troubleshooting pops up at the bottom). So now I'm not sure if the unit it just bad or if I'm doing something wrong.

• culligas
    Options

so you do quite well there myke and response,even getting in touch with tado themselves,hopefully its just a glitch at there end,and as you say having not to update firmware,these are issues i do not want to get in to...im sure you will be back to trying to resolve the glitch today,its just a lesson to myself as i fit alot of these "type"of devices(nest ,hive ect),and these tados do seem to be everybit,if not more of what buyers want with the response to my advert,followers and watches,just find other makes less complicated,or should i say they have a more direct technical team(s) you can get in touch with if in need ro resolve issues...hope its just something and nothing there,do not want to end up purchasing a cheaper unit and then spend 2 days,unpaid trying to get it up and running