valve will not pair. Show tool + 03 code

Options

I am new to Tado. I have collective heating and I am trying to install my valves. Installing the Internet Bridge was quick and easy. Pairing the valves is a nightmare.

Following the instructions, I push the pairing button for 3s. The valve vibrate and shows the dash animation. After a while the wrench icon light up with the "03" code. Rinse and repeat. I turned the Bridge off and on, with no improvement. I brought the valve right next to the bridge with no improvement. The valves are new and were delivered today.

For some reason the first valve manage to pair. But the second will not. I feel stuck now.

I could not find the meaning of the "03" wrench code. But I suspect that if I did, it wouldn't help.

What can I do now? This is very frustrating.

BTW, I tried to call support. Even though I was within opening hours, I got an answering machine telling me support was closed.

Thanks for any help

JD

Answers

• Hi jdmuys,

If you are having problems paring, try the following:

• Make sure the pairing light is blinking on the bridge. If not, stat this by pressing the pairing button.
    • Make sure that you are *at least* 3 meters from the bridge. If you are too close, there may be interference that prevents the security-key exchange (which is the most common cause of pairing failing).
    • Keep already paired devices further away, as they will be updating right after pairing, so this can also cause interference.

If the problem persists, please contact support@tado.com and tell them the exact time you tried to pair.

Best regards,

Frank

• jdmuys
    Options
    Indeed I was too close. When pulling back, everything went fine. I guess this would be worth stating explicitly by Tado.

Thanks

JD