cant use new android app

Options
arifroni
arifroni
edited February 2019 in General Questions & Topics
hello, i have 3 smart thermostat. first one is old and rest 2 are new(bought last December) now in the app it says there is a new and improved app(v3+) which comes with newer devices, but i cant use this because i have older devices! how can i use the v3+ app?

Answers

• Julia
    Julia ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi Afroni,

You can use the new tado° app with any of your tado° devices, the older versions as well as the new ones. It is the standard app for anyone who installs a V3+ Starter Kit, but all tado° users can upgrade to the V3+ app through a button in their app.

With the V3+ app upgrade, lots of features will be available for you - for example the Auto Assist skill that will turn down your heating automatically when nobody's home or when an open window is detected, and the Air Comfort skill, telling you when exactly is the best time to open a window and giving you useful information about the air quality in your rooms.

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Best,

Julia

• arifroni
    Options

Dear Julia

I can see this button "upgrade to the v3+ app".

and when i click this i get 2 option.

1) i can keep v3 app

2) with one time fee of 19.99€ i can upgrade to v3+ app.

So there is no free option, where my two of my new devices are new!

i hope this clears my problem.

BR

Roni

• Hi arifroni,

The difference is that legacy customers are being offered the opportunity to upgrade to the new app which will include Auto-Assist (as a thank-you for being a loyal customer). New V3+ customers get the new app, but not the automation. More info here: https://www.tado.com/t/en/updated-why-we-created-new-v3plus-products/

Best regards,

Frank