Smart radiator valve continuosly on, even if should be off

Options

Hi,

I am facing a very annoying experience with several smart radiator thermostat valves.

For the second (actually third) time in less than 2 months, I have some valves that do not close the radiator compltely. According to application the valve is OFF ut the radiator keeps warming up.

Last time I created a ticket to support and they told me they did a calibration but after bit more than a month I had same issue on other 2 valves (I have 7 of them). This second time, however, I also received a message about low battery, so I assumed the issue was related to the batteries.

Now, after one more week, again same issue even with battery replaced. I have super hot rooms because the valves do not close the radiator even if according to the application they are turned off.

Is anybody experiencing similar issue?

Answers

• Julia
    Julia ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi Stibba,

We are sorry you are experiencing these inconveniences.

A valve not closing can have different causes, so our tech support always have to check each individual case. inserting new batteries can, but does not have to, resolve the issue, as it triggers a reset. It is also possible that the batteries do not supply enough voltage to close the valve, so replacing them with fresh ones might help. We usually can fix this issue by changing the calibration configuration, but if that does not resolve the issue, of course all means necessary will be put in place.

In order for this problem to be fixes, we rely on our user's cooperation:

• Please contact us through our contact form.
    • Give us the serial number of the device affected.
    • Provide exact times at which you observed the issue.
    • Make sure the device is registered to your account and online - we might also ask you to mount it on the radiator so that we can see how it reacts to the changes we apply.

Any information helps.

We might also ask you to mount it on a different valve so we can investigate further.

We thank you for your patience.

Best,

Julia

• sollyman
    Options
    Hi Stibba, I had the same issue as you this week. Tado’s response was to make adjustments to the calibration and since yesterday it is still working, no more 29C in the dining room. It’s disappointing to hear that your issue came back, I’ll be keeping my eye on it. I did report to Tado that this particular valve was different to the other ten, (Brand: Myson) but they did not comment about that. Good luck with it.

Sollyman
  • mw9342
    mw9342 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Julia - looks like one you sentences isn't complete:

"It is also possible that the battery We usually can ..."

• PoxBottle
    Options
    I had the same issue last week. 29c in my kids room. It's happened me twice in about a year of operation
  • Julia
    Options

Hey there!

@mw9342 The sentence goes on: We usually can fix this by changing the calibration configuration. See above ;)

We are sorry that this is an issue that keeps reoccurring and is inconveniencing quite a few of you. Our tech team is happy to help, because in the end, you being happy with the system is the one and only good advertisement we can hope for!

If you are experiencing this phenomenon, please do not hesitate to contact us through our contact from.

Best wishes,

Julia

• mw9342
    mw9342 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Julia - I know how the sentenced continued after "We usually can ..." but where the sentence is unfinished is just before: "It is also possible that the battery [something is missing here] We usually can ..."

• Julia
    Options

@mw9342 You are absolutely right! I updated it now so it makes more sense. Thank you for pointing that out! :)

• Tim
    Options

I didn't see this thread before starting my own. Seems like there are a lot of people with this issue on here. I count around 9 or 10 in three forum threads so far...

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/641/anyone-else-having-problems-with-radiator-thermostats-over-heating-rooms-when-they-should-be-off#latest