Tado support are slow to respond

Has anyone else struggled to get a response from support at Tado? We lost all remote access (and therefore heat) at the weekend and the emails from support have been non existent. Very disappointing

Comments

• Germán
    Germán | Admin
    edited February 2020

Hello Nick,

You send our support a request on Monday at 7:31 and received an answer at 13:18.

Later on (Tuesday) you confirmed you had isolated the cause to your ISP and you'd be contacting them about it, given that we wouldn't have anything to investigate unless there's any aspect they point out that you need us to look at.

You've never updated us on what did they explain that could require from our side to investigate. Please update our colleagues in support with whatever useful information you took back from your consult with your ISP, so we can further investigate your case.

Best regards,

Germán

• @"Germán" apologies for the late response- i didn’t get a notification.

What you describe above is not accurate. I had more than one attempt at contacting and chasing support- both directly and via the thread on the forum. I gave up

As evidenced by your forums- tado are not effective at closing out support tickets and so the forum has become the accepted method for your customers to DIY solutions on their own. The support team should be the go to for help- but we resort to asking each other as tado can’t keep up with the volume of issues.

My original issue of cloud connectivity has never been closed out- and has arisen again. Fortunately now I am not the only one with an issue over EE’s 4g service so there is some weight behind my argument

I have been a tado user for nearly 2 years but have grown weary with the fragility of the system and lack of back up with issues. My old dumb system worked perfectly and I swapped it for your “flashy” alternative. Which is basically an expensive white horse.

I sympathise that it must be a headache to make the system work with all different user situations and connection types- of which I claim to know nothing about. But if you had a system that would revert back to locally stored schedules in the case of cloud connection failure, it would save much frustration
  • stefr
    stefr
    edited December 2020
    Also opened a ticket 3 days ago, yet no reply.
    Opened another today just in case the first got lost.

Also did you get a confirmation email when opening a ticket? I haven't found any, so I suspected maybe not passing the right contact details, and created another, but still no confirmation message (as usually seen with support systems).
  • So called "Customer support" at Tado is shockingly poor. And when you do get a response it's with the kind of attitude German expressed - a total unwillingness to really address and fix the issue. They do the bear minimum to reply to your email so they can technically say they've 'responded' without actually providing any useful info or checking to see if this actually fixes the problem.
  • Perhaps if enough people chip in here- we might affect some change
  • Hi. I would like to chip in here. The response is way too slow and when it comes invariably it comes as YOU are partly the cause and the issue is solely on you! They do not EVER say that others are having similar problems! They NEVER actually sympathise with your issues and give you scant replies that often are actually not correct.

Recently I was given advise but in actual fact what my.tado.com had was not the same as the techi folk at Tado.

Worse still. I was advised to stop sending in emails and that they were going to withdraw support to me.

Mole81 I agree 100%

• Hi. I again have an issue with the boiler firing up when in Away mode and all thermostats being connected and saying " Frost Protection". I have been complaining about this for weeks and still not resolved. This started arising after fitting 10 TRV's. Total waste of money in fuel and TRV's.

I kid not but I was told that Support were going to cease giving me support as I had used too much of their time. I like it or lump it as it is. Suggested I return the TRV's to Amazon and Cosctco! Used units no boxes no valve kits as support told me to put the plastic in recycling box as Tado did not want them sent back!

Who could we contact at Tado as it is shoddy support?

• I sent a report request on Saturday. It is Thursday and I am still waiting... Nothing. Not even marked as seen.
  • That is most worrisome and I didn’t see them checking the Community forum yesterday much either.

I wish we could get senior management to acknowledge issue and reassure us things because to me it is worsening with no recognition of the system failings.

• I’ve been waiting all day for technical support to get back to me about a wiring issue

I received an email from Kaveh@Tado to say

Hi,

Based on the picture that you sent, I can confirm that labeling has been done correctly. 

Kind regards

Kaveh

if they looked, they would see that there was a wire missing

so I’m waiting to know how to get my heating working

apparently I will get an answer within a week

• I’ve been told that my system is compatible so I went and invested £600 on their say so, but once you login and start install the system it tells you it is not compatible with vaillant vr65 vrt360f or a vaillant ecotec plus 438, I have asked for confirmation that Anamaria is right and the system is wrong but they ignore the question.
  • Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

That boiler looks like it would be ok. I presume the other bits are controllers and I don't know anything about those. I'd personally go all in with Tado or not at all.

• Hi I've been trying to raise a support request with Tado.

Do the email you back to tell you you have a support ticket - or is it just a case of waiting and hoping?