What type of setup?

Hi there,

Maybe you can help me choose the right current setup in my home to be installed my TADO.

We do have a combi-boiler upstairs (Glow Worm Flexicom 30cx) and we have an accessible Programmer Boss Therm BUP2 wired to the boiler.

Is that correct to assume that we only need to dismantle the programmer and simply replace it with the Smart Thermostat (connected to the bridge) ?

Or do we need the extension kit as well for some reason?

The scenario we chose during installation (Boiler with wired thermostat) shows us we need extension kit, but i guess we shouldn't have chose that setup with a thermostat (since it was a programmer...)

Also how do you reset your chosen setup? now we are stuck in the step to put extension kit but we don;t want to (no way of changing selected setup).

Thanks for your help fellow TADOers!

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

@Ludo Hello. Have you read the following which may help your decision - sounds to me that you do not need the extension kit. I had a combi with programmer and did not need the ext kit.

I cant remember what the process is to start up (senior moment!) but if it is email-based do you have another email to sign-on afresh?

• Ludo
    Ludo
    edited February 2020

Thanks @samd . I think the same that we don't need the extension kit either.

However now, the selection of boiler/device we chose require extension kit to be entered.

I'm trying to change it: "This is the setup you have selected. Please check again carefully. You can go back and change your selection."

I go back but I end up on the screen to say whether you want step-by-step or TADO already installed, but the little back arrow on top left corner doesn't appear on that page so I'm stuck...

Create a new account wouldn't work as now the Smart thermostat is assigned to my account and pending installation.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Ludo You need to access support through the chat line and explain the situation. I found when I had a complicated issue, it was improved by writing out my problem in MS Word so when I got through I could just paste without delaying the connection with the support person. Good luck.